Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My student are funny... or something else



Since I teach a CTE (Career Technical Education) class we have to go over job skills like résumés and interviewing. On our final exam they had to answer this question:

Describe how you would answer this question in an interview: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses. Include three skills and abilities.

As I was grading their answers I came across several that were pretty funny so I thought I’d share them with you. These are all the real answers from high school students.

Strengths-

-Workful
-Intertainful
-I know my history and can answer many historical questions
-I have skills and abilities at everything
-Find out what to do on a phone
-Play soccer
-If things get quiet or uncomfortable I can tell a joke or two
-x-ray vision
-super speed (I can out run a jet)
-See into the future (like if the world was going to end I could warn everyone)
-Text 25 words per minute
-Riding motorcycles
-I can run fast and lift heavy things
-Paintballing
-I would answer this question by making it into a question
-I do what I am exposed to do
-Tommy + Suzy
-Making Drawings on the concrete
-I am awesome


Weaknesses -

-Lazy
-Praging others (If someone could figure out what this means I would be very grateful)
-Cutting the lawn
-Maybe my cursing is a weakness too
-Get mad easily (listed patient as strength)
-Moody
-I listen to orders too much
-Bossy
-Not the best dressed
-Batting (I am not very good at eating the ball)
-Coming to school
-If being a team leader is a weakness than I am as weak as a noodle
-Alphabetizing
-Shallow
-I can’t think while people are talking to me
-I slack off
-Singing, jokes and acting
-Women, T.V. and food
-When I am on my period I work slower
-I like to stay home on the weekends
-Bears

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, those are hilarious! I would love to see the interviewers face on "I work slower when I'm on my period." Ha ha ha! Our future looks bright indeed. :)

kathyzour said...

very funny Darlene! thanks for sharing...it is a little scary though. ugh